- bulk mail
- nounmail consisting of large numbers of identical items (circulars or advertisements) sent to individual addresses at less than 1st-class rates and paid for in one lot• Hypernyms: ↑mail
* * *noun: second-class, third-class, or fourth-class mail consisting of identical pieces mailed under permit in quantity and paid for as one lot
* * *a category of mail for mailing large numbers of identical printed items to individual addressees at less than first-class rates, as circulars or bulletins.
* * *bulk mail,(in the postal system of the United States) identical pieces of printed matter sent and paid for in bulk at a special rate.
* * *n. a class of mail for sending out large numbers of identical items at a reduced rate
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bulk mail — broadly refers to mail that is mailed and processed in bulk at reduced rates. The term does not denote any particular purpose for the mail; in particular, it is not synonymous with junk mail. As an example, in the United States, the United States … Wikipedia
bulk mail — ➔ mail1 * * * bulk mail UK US noun [U] COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING ► advertisements or official letters that are mailed in large quantities for a low price: »A bulk mail rate will be charged for leaflets and circulars … Financial and business terms
bulk mail — bulk′ mail′ n. a category of mail for mailing large numbers of identical printed items at less than first class rates bulk′ mail , v.t … From formal English to slang
bulk-mail — /bulk mayl /, v.t. to mail as bulk mail. * * * … Universalium
bulk-mail — /bulk mayl /, v.t. to mail as bulk mail … Useful english dictionary
bulk mail — Mail that is rated for postage partly by weight and partly by the number of pieces in the mailing. The term is generally used to refer to Standard Mail (A) … Glossary of postal terms
bulk mail — sending out advertising material to many addresses, bulk mail … English contemporary dictionary
bulk mail — a category of mail for mailing large numbers of identical printed items to individual addressees at less than first class rates, as circulars or bulletins. * * * … Universalium
Bulk-Mail — Massenmail, meist unverlangt zugesendete Werbemails (UBE). Junk Mail, Spam, UBE, UCE … Online-Wörterbuch Deutsch-Lexikon
bulk mail center container — A tall, four sided container made of steel or aluminum with wheels. This type of mail equipment is used to transport parcels and bulk mail between postal facilities. It is used in automated processing systems at bulk mail centers … Glossary of postal terms